Thanks for your interest in joining the Vision Team. We aren’t actively recruiting right now, but please fill out our Interest Form and we’ll be in touch soon about how you can get involved.
Building a better Siuslaw community together.
Purpose of Position
The Vision Team (VT) is a committee of the nonprofit corporation Siuslaw Vision. VT members use their knowledge and enthusiasm to enhance opportunities for all people living in our community.
VT members secure financial support for Siuslaw Vision. They support community activities and leaders that share the organization’s mission of building a better community together. VT members make connections; convene organizations and people within the Siuslaw region; research, locate, and coordinate resources; promote the Vision; and foster community ownership.
The Vision Team’s decisions are driven by community input. VT members are inclusive, curious, and open to learning.
Visit the About Us section for details on Siuslaw Vision and the Vision’s focus areas. We don’t expect that all Vision Team members are experts in all areas, but we do expect everyone to support initiatives from all of the areas.
Vision Team members live or work in the Siuslaw Region, sometimes known as Western Lane County. This area encompasses Dunes City, Florence, Mapleton, Swisshome and Deadwood, the combined Mapleton and Siuslaw School District boundaries.
- Attend monthly VT and subcommittee meetings regularly
- Attend quarterly coffee/breakfast events
- Conduct community outreach and networking within other community groups you also volunteer or work with
- Track personal volunteer hours
- Support local energy and partnerships around projects that implement the Vision
- Recruit Vision Team volunteers
- Market and promote Vision Team and Partner activities
- Provide clerical and administrative support as needed
- Help with organizational planning
- Organize fundraising efforts
- Help plan events and celebrations
- Participate in work sessions and events with The Ford Family Foundation/Ford Institute for Community Building
*Due to Covid-19, we often meet virtually. We have returned to in-person monthly meetings, but offer a remote option. We are following Lane County Public Health Guidelines on meeting and masking.
Length of Appointment
We recommend that you to commit to participate for three months. After three months, if you find it’s a good fit for you, members generally serve for a year at a time. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, even if it’s for a short time, so we’re happy to work with you to make sure the Vision Team fits with the time you have.
A minimum of six hours per month for meetings and preparation. Special events and projects require additional time.
Knowledge of the Siuslaw region (or a strong desire to learn). Basic computer knowledge. A commitment to team-based problem-solving. A desire to improve quality of life for Siuslaw residents. You don’t need to be an expert – we’re all learning together!
In addition to our volunteer Vision Team members, there are two paid staff members who offer technical and administrative support.