Community Meeting Spaces
Due to COVID-19, some meeting spaces are closed or have restrictions. Please contact the venues for details. If you’re not quite ready for business as usual, see our list of outdoor meeting spaces below for some ideas.
Free for nonprofit use
The Siuslaw Region offers free rooms of various sizes for community groups, organizations, and individuals needing to reserve or use meeting space. If you know of other available spaces, contact us. Options include:
- The Siuslaw Public Library District: 541-997-3132 or www.siuslawlibrary.org
- Note: As of April 2022, library meeting rooms are available for use during regular library hours only.
- Two study rooms can be booked up to a week in advance. These rooms comfortably seat up to four people.
- The Conference room accommodates about 12 people.
- Beginning May 1, 2022, the Bromley Room will be available. It accommodates about 80 people.
- The Conference and Bromley rooms can be booked up to 45 days in advance, and once every 30 days.
- Rooms are free to reserve and use, but cannot be used for commercial purposes. Equipment available includes a “smart board” for projecting presentations, white boards, and more. After-hours access is not available at this time.
- Call the library with additional questions.
- Banner Bank, Florence: 541-997-3486
- Meeting room is free for nonprofit meetings, when available; The room seats 25-30 people. Call the bank to reserve.
- Lane Community College, Florence Center: 541-463-4800 or www.lanecc.edu/florence
- Offers classrooms and the Dance Studio for use by nonprofit or community groups for free, when spaces are available during regular business hours. Siuslaw Vision projects are an accepted use. Room capacity varies; Room 103 is the largest and accommodates about 40 people. Tech equipment may be available. Contact the main office to schedule.
- Mapleton Lions Club: 541-268-9954, 541-268-4665, 541-268-9900
- Kitchen, with seating for about 30 and an adjacent gymnasium with seating for 150+ available. Usually free for nonprofits. Fee for private events. Folding chairs and tables are available for rental.
- Oregon Pacific Bank – Financial Center: 541-902-1509 or www.opbc.com
- Upstairs training room in the Financial Center, comfortably holds 20 people. Amenities include guest wifi, projector, coffee maker, refrigerator, sink, and restroom.
- Room is free and open to use for community groups, nonprofits, and charitable organizations, including Siuslaw Vision initiatives.
- Contact the Bank at least two weeks in advance to reserve; schedule with Ellen Huntingdon, Marketing Coordinator. Normal business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., with exceptions for after-hours events, if approved.
- PeaceHealth Peace Harbor Medical Center: 541-997-8412 or www.peacehealth.org/peace-harbor
- Several conference rooms free for community health related meetings, when available; Siuslaw Vision community health initiatives are an accepted use. Conference room C accommodates about 15 people; conference room D accommodates about 40.
- Port of Siuslaw: 541-997-3426 or www.portofsiuslaw.com
- Conference room is free for nonprofit or community groups, when available. The room accommodates about 25 people. Tech equipment may be available.
- The covered outdoor gazebo in the campground is also available for community use. It includes power outlets, a sink, and counter space. Note that the campground gets busy during the summer season — check with the Port for availability.
- Contact the Port office to request use.
- Siuslaw Valley Fire & Rescue: 541-997-3212 or www.svfr.org
- Limited availability for nonprofit community groups, free. Siuslaw Vision initiatives are an accepted use. First floor conference room seats about 12 people; second floor room accommodates about 50, elevator is available. No food is allowed. Contact the District office to request use.
- Siuslaw Watershed Council (Mapleton): 541-268-3044 or email@example.com
- Located on the Mapleton School District campus.
- Available during business hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (additional hours are possible).
- Seats about 50 people.
- Projector and screen are available.
Employer interview space
- Worksource Lane, 3180 Highway 101: 541-997-1913
- Offers employers a free meeting place by appointment to conduct interviews. Call for information.
Spaces available for rent
Other meeting spaces in the community are available for those groups who have budgets for rental fees. Contact the facility for rental information and rates. To add a space to this list, please contact us.
- Best Western Pier Point Inn: 541-997-7191
- Large banquet/meeting room with a gorgeous river view seats up to 100 people. Onsite catering services are available.
- City Lights Cinema: 541-305-0014 or citylightscinemas.com
- Driftwood Shores Conference Center: 800-422-5091 or driftwoodshores.com
- Ocean view conference and break out rooms for groups from 5-120. In-house catering by Surfside Restaurant is available.
- Florence Elks Lodge: 541-999-0043
- Banquet facilities and food services available.
- Florence Events Center: 541-997-1994 or EventCenter.org
- The FEC offers an 8,000-square-foot dividable flat floor, a 450-seat state-of-the-art performance hall, on-site catering, and a staff to support your event. A/V equipment is available for rent.
- Florence Golf Links: 541-997-1940 or florencegolflinks.com
- Several options with capacity from 6-55.
- Call for rates.
- Florence Senior Center: 541-997-8844 or florenceseniorcenter.org
- The Florence Senior Center is available for rentals evenings, weekends, and any time the space is not in use for senior activities. Facilities include a 1,488-square-foot dining room and a 929-square-foot
- Honeyman State Park W. Woahink Meeting Hall (yurt) and picnic shelters: 541-997-3851 or oregonstateparks.org
- A yurt set among the trees near the shore of Woahink Lake accommodates up to 60 people depending on setup configuration.
- Mapleton Grange: 541-268-1061, Barbara
- Two levels rented separately or together with capacity for 60-100.
- Fees based on activity, but range from $25 for community events to $75 for personal use.
- Hours are flexible.
- Full kitchen with stove, ovens, refrigerator, dishes/utensils available.
- Mapleton School District: 541-268-4312, www.mapleton.k12.or.us
- Classrooms, commons areas, sports fields, and special use areas are available for rental. Fees vary by space and group classification. Call for information.
- Oregon Coast Military Museum: 541-902-5160 or oregoncoastmilitarymuseum.com
- Capacity is 15-80 people depending on the space rented.
- Fees based on space and range from $35-$100 an hour.
- River House Inn: 541-997-3933 or riverhouseflorence.com
- Meeting room available for small groups. (Note: The meeting room is upstairs with no elevator access.)
- Serene Abundance Studio: 541-590-3877 – 1790 Oregon Coast Highway 101, www.sassflo.com
- Event and workshop space, co-working office, and media room available. Visit their website for rates and space descriptions.
- Siuslaw School District: 541-997-2651 or visit their website.
- Classrooms, commons areas, sports fields, and special use areas are available for rental. Fees vary by space and group classification.
- Three Rivers Casino: 877-374-8377 or www.threeriverscasino.com
Outdoor meeting spaces
- City of Florence Parks: 541-997-3437 or www.ci.florence.or.us/publicworks/parks
Check the city’s website to see which parks have picnic tables that would work for meetings with a few people. Keep in mind that some of them are uncovered and do not have restrooms available. To reserve a park space for your group, fill out the Special Event / Park Use Application under Supporting Documents at the bottom of the Parks webpage.
- Miller Park has a covered pavilion with multiple picnic tables and restrooms.
- Rolling Dunes Park has a covered picnic pavilion with multiple picnic tables and restrooms.
- Exploding Whale Memorial Park has one covered picnic table. No restrooms.
- Honeyman State Park: 541-997-3851 or visit their website.
To reserve space, use the website reservation system or call 800-452-5687. Fees are $50-75.
- Cleawox Lake Day-use Area has a reservable shelter next to ball field, and an historic cooking shelter and picnic shelter are first-come, first-served. Flush restrooms are available in the historic Bathhouse.
- Woahink Lake has a picnic shelter available for group reservation, and a meeting hall (with kitchen and adjacent restrooms) that can accommodate up to 50 people.
- Port of Siuslaw has a covered outdoor gazebo in the campground that is available for community use. It includes power outlets, a sink, and counter space. Note that the campground gets busy during the summer season — check with the Port for availability.
- Restaurants and coffee shops with outdoor seating can work well for small meetings, and you get to have a meal and support local business. Be mindful that they can be busy during tourist season, so be sure you are flexible and that your meeting will be finished when you’re done eating or drinking. Some ideas: Florence – River Roasters, Nosh, Restobar, Bridgewater, Waterfront Depot, Traveler’s Cove, Beachcomber, Bridgeport Market, Homegrown, Off Bay Street Bistro, Best Thai, Hukilau, Fresh Harvest, Darling’s, Mapleton – Caffeination Station, Old World Gingerbread.
- Mapleton School District: 541-268-4312, www.mapleton.k12.or.us. Get in touch for outdoor options.
- Siuslaw School District: 541-997-2651 or visit their website. The elementary and middle schools have covered areas that are available for rental.