Best Practices and Tools for Writing a Press Release are Located HERE.
Get the Word Out!
The Siuslaw Vision Press Release Online Submission Form (below) is here to help you easily contact media sources in the Siuslaw region. This feature streamlines the ability to submit Press Releases and Public Service Announcements (PSAs) to media organizations and increases the efficiency of sharing information within our rural community. Is your news an event? Don’t forget to post it to RiverCal community calendar!
When you submit a press release via this Form, your attached information will be sent to the organizations you select. Be mindful of which media outlets you choose, as some may be more relevant than others for your specific event or activity.
By submitting your information using this Form, you are authorizing the selected media recipients to copy/paste directly from the content provided. The media organization reserves the right to edit for grammar, content and length the submission. Media recipients may use the contact information provided in the press release to request additional information.
A confirmation email will be sent to the person who submitted the press release. It is the responsibility of the person who submitted the information to follow up, if needed.
Note: Keep in mind that information is not guaranteed to be published by the media organization(s).
Media Outlets in our Siuslaw Region
- The Siuslaw News
- As of 2023, The Siuslaw News is published weekly on Fridays. The deadline for news submissions/press releases is Monday at noon.
- Deadwood Ditto
- Submissions due the 26th of the month, with distribution very close to the first of the next month.
- Coast Radio KCFM/KCST
- Public Service Announcements (PSAs) are not available if you’ve bought advertisements elsewhere.
- Press Releases are welcome. Submitting press releases in advance can give your information/event more airtime.
- KXCR Radio
- Accepts public service announcements and offers opportunities for community members to be part of several radio shows, including Community Conversations and Live, Local, Coastal.
- See requirements for PSAs
- Florence Area Chamber of Commerce emails a weekly Chamber Blast to its members and friends, usually on Fridays.
- Siuslaw Vision often posts community news and events on its Facebook page and shares news with partners and contacts.