About the Resources Guide / FAQs
The Siuslaw Community Resources Guide was developed in 2021 through a partnership with Florence Rotary Club, the Florence Area Community Coalition (FACC), and Siuslaw Vision. Florence Rotary and PeaceHealth Peace Harbor Medical Center provide financial support for this community project. Siuslaw Vision provides web space and technical support, but this is a community-led project with much of the work done by volunteers.
Where did this information come from?
Information for the Resources Guide has been taken from public sources, such as the state of Oregon’s nonprofit corporation database, and organization websites and social media pages. It also includes information from the Florence Area Community Coalition’s Services Directory. Organization representatives are invited to edit and add to their listings or to create a new listing. See the how to page to get started.
Why was this Guide created?
The purposes of this guide include:
- to provide information to Siuslaw community members about support services to help enhance their lives
- to provide networking opportunities and contact information for our region’s nonprofit organizations
- to assist community members in finding organizations to support through volunteer work, board member service, or financial support
- to connect the people of the Siuslaw region with social and educational opportunities
- to help build relationships and support systems for Siuslaw community members
What types of information are included, and can I list my organization?
The Guide includes organizations that serve the Siuslaw region of West Lane County, with an emphasis on those located in or led by the Siuslaw community.
Criteria for inclusion in the Guide
- Siuslaw region:
- Nonprofits with addresses in the Siuslaw region that serve the local community (both official 501(c)(3) and unofficial community groups)
- Clubs, organizations, or social groups that foster connections among community members
- Social and community service organizations
- Government organizations
- Arts and culture organizations
- Transportation services for the region
- Faith-based organizations
- Based outside the Siuslaw region:
- Organizations outside the Siuslaw region will be considered on a case-by-case basis if they provide a demonstrated service to residents of the Siuslaw region (have a representative for W. Lane County, office space in the Siuslaw region, are members of the Florence Area Community Coalition, etc.)
- Provide needed services to Siuslaw residents that are not available in the Siuslaw region
If you have questions about whether your organization meets the criteria for inclusion, please contact us.
In general, the Resources Guide does not list individual health care providers, but we will consider referral services and community health care organizations for inclusion.
Is there a printed version of the Resources Guide?
No, not at this time, but if you’d like to print info from the Guide, here’s a print-friendly version and some tips on printing and formatting. We’re also happy to talk to you about how you can use and format this information for your nonprofit to help direct people to services or make connections in the community.
Can you help with accessibility for sight-impaired users?
We understand the plug-in we are using for the Guide may not work smoothly with all screen readers. If you need assistance, please contact us via email or phone, 541-590-2425. Formatting and customization tips for organizations working with clients with special needs are here.
Can I list my business?
Although there are a few exceptions, most services listed in the Community Resources Guide are not for profit. The Florence Area Chamber of Commerce maintains a Membership Directory that includes many businesses, so please contact them to learn how to get your business listed.
How can I help?
If you’d like to be involved in helping us maintain or expand the Resources Guide, please contact us. We need volunteers to help contact the organizations for updates and to spread the word about the guide.
Financial contributions are welcome!
Donations are used to pay for technical support, website maintenance, and future expansions of the content. You can donate to Siuslaw Vision’s Resources Guide fund with a credit or debit card through PayPal. Be sure and select “Siuslaw Community Resources Guide Support” in the drop-down list. You may also mail a check to Siuslaw Vision, PO Box 694, Florence, OR 97439 with “Resources Guide” specified in the memo line. We appreciate your support!
Contact us and we’ll be happy to help!
- Back to main listing page: https://siuslawvision.org/guide-listings/
- How to use the Resources Guide or update a listing: https://siuslawvision.org/guide-howto/
- Print-friendly version: https://siuslawvision.org/guide-print
- Contact us: https://siuslawvision.org/guide-form
This Guide was developed through a partnership with Florence Area Community Coalition, Florence Rotary Club, and Siuslaw Vision. Financial supporters include Peace Harbor PeaceHealth Medical Center and Florence Rotary.