Funding help & resources for businesses
Things are changing fast with Covid-19 programs and funding options. We’re doing our best to keep this page updated and useful, but funding sources come and go day to day, and sometimes moment to moment. Check back often for updates.
Reviewed and updated July, 2021.
Funding sources for businesses
- Rural Relief Small Business Grants (funded by Lowe’s) support small businesses and enterprises affected by the COVID-19 pandemic across the country, with a focus on underserved communities that often lack access to flexible, affordable capital. This includes businesses owned and led by minorities and women plus enterprises located in hard-hit rural communities. Applications are being accepted in “rounds.” You must submit a new application for each round in order to be considered for funding in that round.
- Emergency Loan Fund for Lane County small businesses from Community Lending Works – These opportunities open periodically and close quickly, so keep an eye out for new funding!
- Call your bank! Local banks, such as Banner Bank, First Community Credit Union, and Oregon Pacific Bank, encourage consumers and businesses to contact them for payment and credit options.
- Banner Bank Covid-19 resources
- Small Business Administration disaster assistance – CARES Act funding application period ended August 8, 2020. If you received assistance and need info on loan forgiveness procedures, visit these resources from Oregon Pacific Bank.
- Kiva loan program
- Locavesting offers a guide to raising capital within your local community.
- Grantspace by Candid provides a list of grants for small businesses, artists, nonprofits, and individuals
- Federal Rural Resource Guide from the USDA – list of financial, training, and technical assistance.
Additional resources for businesses
- City of Florence Business Resources, including links to “The Florence Four,” a weekly roundup of business resources.
- Free masks for businesses: The City of Florence, in coordination with Lane County and Business Oregon, has the opportunity to provide KN95 masks to local businesses free of charge. Learn more.
- Florence Area Chamber of Commerce Covid-19 Business Resource Hub. If you need additional information, call 541-997-3128 or email.
- Lane County resource page for businesses. Businesses that need assistance are encouraged to contact Lane County’s community and economic development team. They have a team of staff available to answer reopening questions, provide the latest business resources, or to connect you with our business support partners in the region.
- Business Oregon financial resources for businesses affected by COVID-19
- Travel Oregon COVID-19 Toolkit
- Small Business Development Council Oregon resources
- Safe reopening strategies and guidelines for restaurants and lodging properties from the Oregon Restaurant and Lodging Association.
- Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) Rural eNews, a monthly online newsletter, is a compilation of funding opportunities, training and new information available on the web. Sign up here.