Funding help & resources for businesses (2021)
This page is no longer being updated, but some of the information may still be valuable.
Last updated July, 2021.
Funding sources for businesses (2021)
- Rural Relief Small Business Grants (funded by Lowe’s) support small businesses and enterprises affected by the COVID-19 pandemic across the country, with a focus on underserved communities that often lack access to flexible, affordable capital. This includes businesses owned and led by minorities and women plus enterprises located in hard-hit rural communities. Applications are being accepted in “rounds.” You must submit a new application for each round in order to be considered for funding in that round.
- Emergency Loan Fund for Lane County small businesses from Community Lending Works – These opportunities open periodically and close quickly, so keep an eye out for new funding!
- Call your bank! Local banks, such as Banner Bank, First Community Credit Union, and Oregon Pacific Bank, encourage consumers and businesses to contact them for payment and credit options.
- Banner Bank Covid-19 resources
- Small Business Administration disaster assistance – CARES Act funding application period ended August 8, 2020. If you received assistance and need info on loan forgiveness procedures, visit these resources from Oregon Pacific Bank.
- Kiva loan program
- Locavesting offers a guide to raising capital within your local community.
- Grantspace by Candid provides a list of grants for small businesses, artists, nonprofits, and individuals
- Federal Rural Resource Guide from the USDA – list of financial, training, and technical assistance.
Additional resources for businesses (2021)
- City of Florence Business Resources, including links to “The Florence Four,” a weekly roundup of business resources.
- Free masks for businesses: The City of Florence, in coordination with Lane County and Business Oregon, has the opportunity to provide KN95 masks to local businesses free of charge. Learn more.
- Florence Area Chamber of Commerce Covid-19 Business Resource Hub. If you need additional information, call 541-997-3128 or email.
- Lane County resource page for businesses. Businesses that need assistance are encouraged to contact Lane County’s community and economic development team. They have a team of staff available to answer reopening questions, provide the latest business resources, or to connect you with our business support partners in the region.
- Business Oregon financial resources for businesses affected by COVID-19
- Travel Oregon COVID-19 Toolkit
- Small Business Development Council Oregon resources
- Safe reopening strategies and guidelines for restaurants and lodging properties from the Oregon Restaurant and Lodging Association.
- Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) Rural eNews, a monthly online newsletter, is a compilation of funding opportunities, training and new information available on the web. Sign up here.