How you can help nonprofits, business, and community members during Covid-19 (2021)
This page is no longer being updated, but some of the information may still be valuable.
Last updated July, 2021.
“I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.”―Maya Angelou
During times of crisis, we see our community members looking out for their neighbors. Here are some ways you can help during this time. Your support makes a difference!
How to support local organizations and businesses
- Continue to shop local. Check out Florence Area Chamber of Commerce’s Shop Local list.
- Be kind out there! With tourist season in full force and staffing shortages nearly everywhere, restaurants report long wait times for tables and take out. Hours and take out availability vary, so be flexible, patient, and tip your servers well.
- Businesses and organizations, join the Florence Area Chamber of Commerce to support Siuslaw region economic development. The Chamber offers events, training, information, and networking opportunities.
Ways to support the arts
- Visit local artist and galleries in person and online and consider purchasing art pieces. (It’s never too early for holiday shopping!)
- Make a donation to one of our fabulous arts organizations.
How you can support nonprofits
- Donate to your favorite nonprofits, particularly those who are filling in gaps for people who are being most impacted by the pandemic.
- Check in by phone or email with organizations to see if they are ready for volunteers.
- Give to the United Way Lane County.
How to support your neighbors
- Call your neighbors and check in. We all have different levels of comfort and some people may not be getting out much. See if your friends and neighbors need help finding a vaccine or a ride to get their shot.